Monday, April 19, 2010

Seeking: Take Two

I know I did a previous post about this, and you can read it here,
but I thought that I would go through it a little more thoroughly.

I chose the name of this blog because I want to seek out God's will in my life. I don't always do such a great job, but I want that strive, that focus and determination to define my life.

A few days ago I began to go through the Bible, researching and looking up verses that I thought defined this blog. For some reason I feel like that's important. These are just the verses that applied which specifically used the word "seek." You'll notice that it's not only an instruction, and admonition, but it is also a promise from God to us as well.


"You have said, 'Seek my face.' My heart says to you, 'Your face, Lord , do I seek.'"
--Psalm 27:8


"One thing have I asked of the Lord , that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple."
--Psalm 27: 4

"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water."
--Psalm 63:1b

"May all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you! May those who love your salvation say evermore, 'God is great!'"
--Psalm 70:4

"Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!"
--Psalm 105:4

"Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart"
--Psalm 119:2

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
--Jeremiah 29:11-13

"For thus says the Lord God : 'Behold, I, I myself will search for my sheep and will seek them out. As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness."
--Ezekiel 34:11-12

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
--Matthew 6:33

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."
--Matthew 7:7


There are the verses. Read them over. Read them over again. Meditate on them for awhile. We'll be spending more time with them very very soon. =)

I'm going to end this with a verse that I probably could spend years on, and will spend an entire post on, but one that has been drifting through my mind all day.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'"
--2 Corinthians 19:2

That verse defines my life. It's amazing. Read it over. =) Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment